Call Us at +6 010-379 1841
Your Best Partner to Travel at Borneo.
+6 010-379 1841
Mari-Mari Cultural Village
Why cultural village? The name itself sounds boring?
Hang on there, this is totally a different story!
Mari-Mari Cultural Village is located amidst a remote forest setting, which is 30 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Kota Kinabalu City. There are about 32 ethnics all around Sabah. Mari-Mari Cultural Village features 5 of the most unique and authentic ethnic tribes.
Brief introduction of the tribes:
Tribes - (Ethnic Uniqueness and Demonstration)
1. Kadazan, dusun - (Bamboo-cooking and brewing of tapai [traditional rice-wine])
2. Rungus - (Fire starting demonstration using bamboo)
3. Lundayeh - (Rope processing from tree barks)
4. Bajau - (The making of fishing net and extraction of pandan juice)
5. Murut - (Production of traditional tobacco, experience blowpipe shooting &tattoo making)
Mari-Mari is a Malay word that means “come”. Visitors would have a chance to witness the famously feared headhunter Murut tribe, rice-farmer Kadazan-Dusun, crocodile as guidance of Lundayeh tribe, longhouse residence Rungus and the so-called sea gypsy Bajau!
This tour offers you the opportunity to discover the culture and lifestyle of how these indigenous ethnic groups of Borneo used to live in the olden days. Besides, you can also have a first-hand experience on fire-starting, tree bark processing, hunting and bamboo-cooking – a series of basic surviving skills and knowledge!
On top of that, visitors will be entertained by various cultural dances and thereafter is served with Sabah delicacies in buffet style! Hesitate no more, this is truly an experience that you could not miss!
BWM-01 Mari-Mari Cultural Village
2 To Go (Depart Everyday)
Time 1 / 2 / 3
0900 / 1300 / 1630
Depart from Hotel.
1000 / 1400 / 1800
1130 / 1530 / 1930
Ethnic Dance Performances.
1200 / 1600 / 2000
1300 / 1700 / 2100
Return to Hotel.
1400 / 1800 / 2200
Arrived Hotel - End of Tour.
Package Inclusive of:
Hotel return transfer, Lunch / Dinner, Ethnic Dance Performances, Tour guide.
Shorts, T-Shirt, Comfortable Foot Wear.
Things Suggested to Bring:
Insect repellent, Raincoat, Sun glasses, Sunblock, Cap, Medication for personal use, Malaysia Ringgit.
Activity Suitable for:
Number of People
2 - 5
6 - 10
Basic Important Notes:
• FOC for children 3 years old and below.
• 12 years old and above considered as adult.
• Outskirt hotel transfer require extra surcharge of RM30 Per Person.
• Tipping is allowed based on tour guide and driver performance of the day as a reward or just a Thank You.
• For more and details about term and conditions please click (About Us) on top of the page.
• The above schedule/itinerary is suitable as reference.
• For Booking: www.borneowonders.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / QQ: 1946190577
Lot F-3-10, Block F, 3rd Floor, Plaza Tanjung Aru, Jalan Mat Salleh, 88100 Tanjung Aru, Kota Kinabalu. 88100 Sabah, Malaysia
: +6 088-237 369 |
: +6 010-379 1841 |
：email@example.com | Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.